CTDB latest stable version

Sun Nov 22 00:15:42 MST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:06:01AM +0200, Sergey Kleyman wrote:
> I would like to start testing clustered Samba on my cluster file system
> by using Samba+CTDB. I'm using Samba 3.4.3 as the latest stable release
> (BTW FAQ at samba.org still says that 3.2 is current stable release
> while release history page says it's 3.4.3 - I assumed it's 3.4.3 please
> correct me if I'm wrong). But unfortunately I could not find which CTDB
> release is the latest stable one. I found a few third party pages that
> track CTDB releases (this one http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/ctdb.html
> for instance) but I would like to ask for a pointer to the official
> release page - something like http://samba.org/samba/history/ for Samba.
> If there isn't any could you please advise me which version is the most
> suited to use with Samba 3.4.3?

Unfortunately the release process of ctdb is not as mature
as it should be, too much development is happening at the
moment. Probably it is best to track

http://git.samba.org/?p=sahlberg/ctdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master

for ctdb

in conjunction with

http://git.samba.org/?p=obnox/samba-ctdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v3-4-ctdb

Both branches are the ones where the cluster development
right now happens (at a pretty high pace). You will see some
GPFS specific checkins there, but most work is generic
clustered Samba stuff.

Volker