Patch for reporting correctly offset when object has relative pointers

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Nov 19 00:40:23 MST 2009

Jelmer Vernooij schrieb:
> On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 01:46 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>> It's mostly done by metze, I just corrected a few typos and regenerated
>> files.
>>
>> I tested with my python xattr libs and now it works (thanks metze).
> Thanks!
>
> If we're doing this, is there any reason why we still need the hack to
> deal with relative pointers in pidl? We should be able to always call
> _blob_all now.

Yes, we can remove the hack that tries to autodetect relative pointers.
But I think we should expose an api that allows the caller to force the
usage of just _blob(). Remember sometimes windows sends garbage at the
end of NDR encoded DCERPC pakets. That might also happen in other parts.
It would be bad if only C code can work arround this problem.

I think a keyword parameter to the ndr_unpack method would be good for this.

metze