[SAMBA4] Schema objectGUID causing a problem with OpenLDAP backend

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 23:45:39 MST 2009

----- "Howard Chu" <hyc at symas.com> wrote:

> > We now choose the objectGUID for the schema elements.  I had hoped that
> > the use of the 'relax' control would cause OpenLDAP to accept us
> > choosing the GUIDs, but apparently not.
> >
> > Howard:  We need to choose the objectGUID for certain records.  How do
> > we make OpenLDAP accept that?
> >
> > We don't strictly need this against OpenLDAP, but it's going to be be
> > pain to special case this.
>
> The relax control is the right answer, but the fact you got this particular
> error message indicates that you didn't attach the relax control to
> this request.

I think we discussed about the relax control recently. At the time we
decided to strip the relax control from the request so it's not passed
to the backend:

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=68639bfd64f063d1c6e373a2fc276b2bbb7073ca

I think the reason was that the relax control was intended for the LDB
modules, not for the LDAP backend. Should we now create a distinction
between relax controls intended for LDB vs. backend? Or should we always
send it to the backend?

--
Endi S. Dewata