[s4] LDB TDB indexes

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Tue Nov 17 10:57:27 MST 2009

Hi abartlet!

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> My main concern is that, unlike my ldb-index branch, this does not make
> any attempt to upgrade the on-disk format.  Without that change, won't
> we get the same kind of errors, reading 'linearized (mixed case)' DNs
> from disk, and then doing strcmp() on them with casefolded DNs?

Obviously this doesn't work with my patch. For sure we'll have to be
careful how to handle existing indexes and maybe convert them. Since
this problem is important I would appreciate to hear tridge's comment on
my thoughts.

I would like to see this fixed soon since broken indexes are very
problematic.

Matthias