s4:SAMLDB module - Add support for required and generated schema attributes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 16 14:53:20 MST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 16:48 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> yeah, I can understand your opinion. For your information: your provided
> patch just wasn't complete. To achieve this I could have been doing:
> - let your patch as it was and add a correction one from my side - I
> personally find this it a bit confusing (you've to consider to patches
> which have the same task).
> - drop your patch but introduce your changes and mine in a nwe patch
> assigned to me in which I mention you as original author in the commit
> message. This would be viable for me.
> - enhanced your patch (what I did): while I keep you as author (since
> you are it) and added me as "enhancer".
>
> I don't like to start a conflict on this but maybe we should agree for
> the next time what to do.

In short, talk to me first.

But I would prefer to have your work in a separate patch, merged in the
same series, that builds on the unmodified patch I sent.  Otherwise the
'author' line is a lie.  The other alternative if a major rework is
required is to have it under your name, but 'based on the work by'.  I
sometimes do that when I need to radically rework someone's patch.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.