Cannot open folders from Macbook after upgrade to Samba 3.4.3

shani wijaya ridgetreeway at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 09:34:41 MST 2009

Hi,

Investigating further I find that the POSIX acl has no effect on the Macbook decision. It seem to be making a local decision that the folders cannot be read instead of trying the operation.

I learn that Samba now stores the ACL in a  NTFS native format in an extended attribute. When the ACL is read this extended attribute is displayed. Is there anyway to tell samba not to look at the NTFS ACL but get the information from the POSIX ACL?

This problem happens only to my Macbook client. All other clients are working well.

Thanks in advance
Treeway