How do I increase the 20000 millisecond timeout?

Chris Baker cbaker at intera.com
Fri Nov 13 13:01:23 MST 2009

Perhaps, this issue has already been posted here. However, I have already a
lot of searching on this problem.

I have Fedora Core 8 with samba-client-3.0.33-0.fc8.

As you may know, this client has a timeout of 20,000 milliseconds. I would
like to increase this timeout as it causes numerous problems for my
programs, mainly BackupPC.

Has anyone done this? And are there some detailed instructions on this? I
have heard that I basically have to recomplie the client.

Thank you.

Chris Baker -- cbaker at intera.com
systems administrator
INTERA -- 512-425-2006