[IPA] SID allocation using DNA plugin

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 12 20:38:25 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 22:26 -0500, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Please take a look at the attached patch.
>
> For now the schemaIdGuid is generated using SHA256. If we want to
> replace it with another mechanism I think we could do it in another
> patch.
>
> Now the code generates 2 Schema objects:
> - AD schema only. This one is created in provision().
> - AD schema + backend-specific schema. This one is created in
>   OpenLDAPBackend and FDSBackend classes.
>
> As mentioned earlier, I removed the changes to schema_syntax.c.
> I also moved the lists of LDB modules for SAM database into the
> backend classes.
>
> Are these ok? Thanks!

We actually need to move the modules list out of provision (and the
databases we provision) and into the C code.  Otherwise, we keep having
to re-provision just because I decided to change a module's name.

In the meantime, can we keep the whole module list in one place?  I
don't mind if it moves, but otherwise it's hard to visualise the whole
list.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.