[quicktest] Statistics about current 'make test'

Zahari Zahariev zahari.zahariev at postpath.com
Wed Nov 11 11:02:58 MST 2009

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 12:20 +0200, Zahari Zahariev wrote:
>
>> Hello Andrew and Samba,
>>
>> These are some statistics I have prepared so we can have new and working
>> 'quick test'.
>>
>> Is this helping?
>>

> Yes.  Now we just need to select the new quicktest list.
>
> Any idea how long it takes to run all the 0 and 1 second tests?  (ie, if
> you put these results into the 'quick' file)?
>
> How high can we raise the bar before the quicktest starts to take more
> than it does at the moment?
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hello Andrew,

I played with this thing again and I think I got it!

What I did is I modified my script a little to sum all test name
duplications in just one. After that I would exclude all failing tests
and then with the script you can generate a list of regex-es that run
under some amount of seconds each.

The list I am sending you is generated like this "./quick_url.py 5" and
then I excluded manually one crashing and two that are skipped.

So try the new super fast "make quicktest" that has not 180 but more
than 300 testsuites in it.

Cheers!

--Zahari