NET-API-BECOMEDC test broken by tsocket

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 10 04:21:17 MST 2009

Metze,

I was over the past few days been trying to debug issues around DRSUAPI,
and it seem that the tsocket changes have broken the NET-API-BECOMEDC
test.

tsocket does not allow the getaddrinfo() call to do DNS lookups, and
this is required by the way this code is called by smbtorture.

For some reason the net/vampire got manages to do the address resolution
at the right point.

Should we keep the torture variant of this code (and keep trying to fix
things like this), or is the code in libnet_vampire. enough for the
testing now?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.