Impossible to load ndr_* as shared objects :-(

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Nov 8 20:59:04 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 23:30 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 07:47:02PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > After some weekends of work disentangling the ndr tables
> > from the rest of the code I had to figure out that it is
> > impossible to load them as shared objects: lsa_String and
> > other datatypes are everywhere.
>
> Attached find a patch that introduces "shared.idl" with all
> shared stuff. Not good for a late night checkin, but that is
> needed for making the large ndr_*.o shared objects.
>
> I'll check it in together with the required build fixes once
> make test has finished. But that's probably not going to be
> before tomorrow.

The netr_SamBaseInfo looks out of place.  What makes it need to be
shared with every other part of the system?

Otherwise, most of the definitions look reasonable, and it's good to
have the 'common to most of Samba', but not 'common to all of RPC'
definitions in once place.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.