FW: Samba 3.2.7 Release

Jacob Chidi R Chidi.R.Jacob at irs.gov
Fri Nov 6 16:02:33 MST 2009

Hi,

I have a request to install samba 3.2.7 on a Solaris 10 server. I
downloaded the source code, went to the source directory and ran the
configure script. I saw couple of the warnings below and could not find
a make script. Can you please explain how to install 3.2.7 from the
source code. Or is the binary available anywhere?

checking netinet/ip.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence

Thanks for the assistance.

Chidi Jacob