packet_* => tstream glue

Wed Nov 4 15:54:22 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 09:47:53AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Sure - as I said, where they represent the send() and recv() of packets,
> it makes a lot of sense.  But where there is no longer a resonable
> mapping to the concept of send() and recv() as understood in unix
> systems programming then the name is no longer a good choice.

There are tons of functions in Samba4 as well where the
_send/_recv pair represents a whole set of computations
(both sending and receiving stuff) done asynchonously. Just
look at all the composite functions that are the basis for
our current tevent_req stuff.

This convention is around now for many years and has really
sunk in. It's a bit late to change now, sorry.

Volker