prefixMap refactoring

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:48:16 MST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 00:23, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 11:56 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
>> >
>> > That error is interesting:
>> >
>> > NT code 0xc00020e0
>> > (from MS-ERREF):
>> > 0x000020E0                     Failed to obtain the required syntax for
>> > the
>> > ERROR_DS_ATT_SCHEMA_REQ_SYNTAX attribute schema.
>>
>> Isn't that a local error?
It is us to return this error.
It happens because
dsdb_attribute_from_drsuapi()->dsdb_schema_setup_ldb_schema_attribute()
fails to find the attribute (attr->syntax->ldb_syntax is NULL).
Attribute is (it is an Exchange attribute):
  cn = "ms-Exch-Auth-Orig",
  lDAPDisplayName = "authOrig",
  attributeID_oid = "1.2.840.113556.1.2.129",
  attributeSyntax_oid = "2.5.5.7",
  oMSyntax = 127,

I guess it is because we don't have it described in:
  schema_syntax.c: dsdb_syntaxes[]

Metze, do I just need to add Exchange syntaxes in dsdb_syntaxes[] map?

> Given we don't have a #define for the error, I was presuming it could
> not have come from Samba code.

We don't have #define for this error because it is a WERROR code, while
libnet_BecomeDC() is expected to return NTSTATUS.
I will figure out that tomorrow though. It should be translated to an
NTSTATUS error code right (although I am not sure this WERROR could
be mapped to an NTSTATUS without information loss).

Oh, forgot to mention -> I am debugging this 'drsuapi_prefixmap_wip'
branch merged.

CU,
Kamen Mazdrashki
kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com