[s4] Patches for password handling

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Nov 1 15:40:39 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 09:59 +0000, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> s4:password_hash - Various (mostly cosmetic) prework
>
> - Enhance comments
> - Remove (now) unnecessary code for single valued attribute checking

Matthias,

I'm not sure that this is the case.  The single-value checks on
userPassword are important, because we intercept, but don't store, that
value.

Also, while clearTextPassword is not normally an externally set
attribute, we have to check it's validity because we don't currently
have a control on that.

Even for the other attributes, while they may be checked for
single-value status later, I think it's too late.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.