Smaba4 and openldap - instanceType/objectCategory issues

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 29 02:36:32 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 23:49 +0300, Theodor Chirana wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Updated to the latest git and recompiled Samba4.

I see you have updated even more than I have - I've still been chasing
down the other bugs, and had not had a chance to try the current tree
with OpenLDAP.  We do have some other issues in the current tree (SAMR
tests that area bit too nasty on Samba4), so I had not yet run the
version you just tested.

In any case, you found an interesting bug introduced only on Tuesday
when I brought in a patch from Andrew Kroeger.  He added some new
entries so that the AD tools display things correctly, but also brought
in instanceType and objectCategory attributes.  We generate these in
modules now, so don't need them manually set.

Thanks for your patience with this.  I know it has been a very long time
as you tried to get this all working.  There is hope - the bigger (ie,
harder for me to fix) issues seem to have finally be reproduced by
Howard Chu, so I hope to see a fully working OpenLDAP backend sometime
soon.

It is my hope that this will also clear the way for the next Samba4
alpha release.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.