Fixing libwbclient struct wbcAuthUserInfo

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 28 08:23:58 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 10:11 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Kai,
>
> > while trying to make Samba4 use wbcAuthUserInfoEx I realized that there's no
> > way to get the info3 structure winbind is putting into the extra_data
> > ndr_encoded, libwbclient just drops that. Now this is obviously a simple fix,
> > doable by adding a struct wbcBlob to the wbcAuthUserInfo struct, but that'd
> > break the ABI.
>
> I don't really see what your problem is...
>
> I think wbcAuthUserInfo has all you need to create a info3 structure.

I really, really want the NDR encoded 'info3' (actually, I want level 6)
transported intact between winbindd and Samba.  Going back and forth via
another structure is not only a pain, it is error prone.  If we do this
right, and Microsoft adds extra information in the 'reserved' fields (or
another level), then we simply pass on that information.

> > I don't really feel like adding a struct wbcAuthUserInfo2 and a
> > wbcAuthUserInfoEx2 call, which would be the alternative.
> >
> > Given that we're at version 0.4 of the library so far, I don't feel too bad
> > about breaking the ABI. Any comments?
>
> If we really need more functionality, I'd be for a wbcAuthUserInfoEx2()
> function.

Who is using these APIs at the moment?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.