tdbsam as default passdb backend in 3.4

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed May 27 13:52:35 GMT 2009

Kai Blin wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009 09:01:07 Karolin Seeger wrote:
>

>>> What does Karolin think ? As release manager I
>>> respect her opinion here.
>>>
>> Of course we should have changed the default before the first preview
>> release, but I think if we change it before the second one and add a very
>> obvious warning to the release notes, that's fine.
>> But I would not like to make this change after pre2.
>>

> I agree here. If it's prominently mentioned in the release notes, I think that
> should be fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

  You also might put in a check for prerequisites, and have samba exit
with a loud message.  This
is arguably a fault that will cause a major error at runtime, without
user-visible explanation.
Hmmn.. unless, of course, you could trigger a user-visible explanation
by some  stratagem (;-))

--dave

(416) 223-8968