winbind and homedir path

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed May 27 10:44:09 GMT 2009

Hello all.

I'd need to map winbind-authenticated users to different paths depending
on group membership (or "something" settable in AD w/o SFU). Is there a
clean way to do it w/o using symlinks? I couldn't find anything useful
in this case...

To explain better:
- I have two sites connected by a not-too-fast (and sometimes
unreliable) line
- users usually work from one of the sites, but must be able to work
from the other (even if it's slower)
- Sometimes a user changes his main site, and I'd like him being able to
  work w/o using the inter-site line

So I thought to have:
- NFS mount /home/DOMAIN/siteA/
- NFS mount /home/DOMAIN/siteB/
- some kind of user mapping

No problem for authenticating users and creating new homes in one of
siteA or siteB. But when an user that worked in siteA moves to siteB,
I'd like to simply move his homedir from siteA/ to siteB/ w/o having
symlinks around. I thought about having an AD group containing users w/
homes in siteB. What I still can't do is changing his $HOME before
pam_mkhomedir ...
Uh... User's first login can happen from any of the two sites, but the
home must be created according to user's group membership.

Any hints?

--
Diego Zuccato
Servizi Informatici