tight loop in tdb_find()

Tue May 26 14:00:12 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 03:42:29PM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> Right, it does not seem to belong to gencache.tdb.
> Shouldn't we generally open TDBs that have "cache" in their name
> with TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST?

For gencache that's definitely difficult, as this wouldn't
be usable for client utils anymore if no daemon is around.
So without smbd/winbind around we could not cache name
lookups anymore. I'm not sure this is a problem as we might
have nscd in that case, but with that argument we could do
away with gencache overall.

Given that gencache could only work with daemons around, we
could then also go and pass all queries which might modify
gencache (i.e. also name lookups) through winbind make that
daemon a prerequisite for caching.

Volker