tight loop in tdb_find()

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue May 26 13:42:29 GMT 2009

Hi Folks, I am just reading up on this Fred...

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 08:03:46PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> >  > We need to fill in the server affinity with net ads join and then use it
> >  > in winbindd later.
> >
> > If that information is important, why is it put in gencache? Perhaps
> > it should be in secrets.tdb?

Right, it does not seem to belong to gencache.tdb.
Shouldn't we generally open TDBs that have "cache" in their name
with TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST?

I.e. move all data that may not be lost across restarts into
DBs of their own? Maybe secrets is too static for the SAF data,
but why not create a couple of additional, more specific tdbs,
like a saf.tdb in this case?

Talking about the winbindd_cache, that usually contains
disposable data and is opened with TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST:
With "winbindd offline logons = yes", this is not cleared
upon open, but the contents is validated, exactly because
of the "crash => corrupt data" problem. But this does not
guarantee 100% correct data, just some syntactic checks.

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9