openldap and samba 4 - update

grimstone office at adaptcom.ro
Tue May 26 08:08:24 GMT 2009

recompiled samba4 and openldap from latest git/cvs and on provision ... still
IO timeout as follows:

Setting up secrets.ldb
Setting up the registry
Setting up templates db
Setting up idmap db
schema_fsmo_init: no schema dn present: (skip schema loading)
naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming contexts
details)
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain dn present: (skip loading of domain details)

........ a long wait ... 2minutes

and then:

Failed to bind - LDAP client internal error: NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
Failed to connect to
'ldapi://%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Fsamba%2Fprivate%2Fldap%2Fldapi'
module partition initialization failed
module show_deleted initialization failed
module extended_dn_out_dereference initialization failed
module operational initialization failed
module kludge_acl initialization failed
module samldb initialization failed
module asq initialization failed
module server_sort initialization failed
module paged_results initialization failed
module rootdse initialization failed
Unable to load modules for /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup/provision", line 192, in <module>
    ldap_backend_type=opts.ldap_backend_type)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1052, in provision
ldap_backend_type=ldap_backend_type)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 775, in setup_samdb
    ldap_backend_type=ldap_backend_type, erase=erase)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 564, in setup_samdb_partitions
    credentials=credentials, lp=lp)
  File "bin/python/samba/samdb.py", line 49, in __init__
    self.connect(url)
  File "bin/python/samba/samdb.py", line 54, in connect
    super(SamDB, self).connect(self.lp.private_path(url))
_ldb.LdbError: (80, None)