[bubulle@debian.org: Re: Problems compiling samba3 from 3.4.0pre1]

Mon May 25 10:49:53 GMT 2009

Hi, Karolin!

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 08:53:58AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> are there any news on this one?
>
> Please remember that pre2 is scheduled for June 2, 2009.
> If this issue is not fixed before the release, I will delay it.

Sorry this took so long, but I have not really understood
what is going on. Also the explanation by Christian and
Steve did not shed any more light on the situation for me.

But if I got the complaints right, then a -lz is missing
when linking libsmbclient.so.0 with the special build option
the debian policy laws seem to mandate. I've checked in
something that looked plausible to me with 31eec30c33b300.

Does that fix the issue?

Volker