tight loop in tdb_find()

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon May 25 10:03:46 GMT 2009

Hi Metze,

 > We need to fill in the server affinity with net ads join and then use it
 > in winbindd later.

If that information is important, why is it put in gencache? Perhaps
it should be in secrets.tdb?

 > That would add a lot of complexity to gencache...

yep, and I'd certainly prefer to use one of the two simpler options,
but if the concensus is that transactions would be too slow, and that
TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST is unacceptable then we are left with no choice
except the additional complexity I think.

I don't think we can just continue to hope the corruption isn't too
bad. We really could end up with pretty much anything in gencache, and
it is even possible this could be a security hole for some of the
information stored in gencache.

So shall I just add transactions and wait for the speed complaints, or
does someone else think we should go for the 2 level cache?

Cheers, Tridge