openldap and samba 4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 25 05:23:28 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 08:13 +0300, Theodor wrote:
> Ok,  so that  IO TIMEOUT is the problem

Correct.  it seems odd that you claim the other tools don't see this
issue.  Try a standalone ldbsearch against the *ldapi URL* (not the
sam.ldb).  If that hangs, see what strace of that command shows.

I wish I could help more, but as far as I've been able to tell the
problems I'm seeing are on the OpenLDAP side.  (And until my setup
works, trying to debug yours is difficult).