read/write multiplexed support

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue May 19 19:26:25 GMT 2009

>From your description, it seems that there is a lot going on.

Unfortunately, I don't personally know nearly enough about the OS/2
implementation of SMB.  I know that there is a good deal of documentation,
and from the captures you have provided it is clear that OS/2 supports many
features that other implementations do not.  Since I don't have experience
with the OS/2 implementation, I don't have a clear idea of how some of those
features work.

For example, Windows servers don't make use of most of the Timeout fields in
the LANMAN dialects.  Also, as I've already mentioned, Windows
implementations don't support MPX mode over connection-oriented transports.

I took a quick look through Leach/Naik.  The dialects prior to NT LM 0.12
provide bits that indicate RAW mode support in the NegProt response, but
nothing to indicate MPX support (or lack of it).  I think that the ability
to disable MPX support must have been added to NT.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org