openldap and samba 4

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon May 18 16:45:11 GMT 2009

Please don't e-mail me personally. Stay on the mailing list so others
can answer and learn as well.

office at adaptcom.ro wrote:

> The problem is that I ran this command in the openldap source dir:
>
> TEST_LDAP=yes OPENLDAP_ROOT=/usr/local make test << you already knew that
> openldap is compiled from latest cvs source with following options:
> ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/include/"
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib/" --enable-debug --enable-dynamic
> --enable-slapd --enable-modules --enable-slapi --enable-bdb --enable-hdb
> --enable-ldap --enable-overlays --enable-monitor --enable-accesslog
> --enable-deref --enable-memberof --enable-refint --enable-translucent
> --enable-dds --enable-syncprov
>
> when i reach home (for the moment that machine is out of internet - maibe a
> isp problem) i will rerun the make test command in gdb according to that
> faq and i'll send you the backtrace.

1. Please come to the openldap-software mailing list for
OpenLDAP-specific problems.

2. Your build of OpenLDAP's slapd seems to use a separate installation
of Berkeley-DB. Note when doing this you have to re-compile cyrus-sasl
and heimdal/MIT-Kerberos as well and link them to this version of BDB.
Otherwise you will have a library mix in slapd causing nothing than grief.

Ciao, Michael.