read/write multiplexed support

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri May 15 03:40:48 GMT 2009

Windows servers only support the readMPX/writeMPX SMB calls over
connectionless transport (direct IPX transport--which is not NWLINK).  The
whole purpose these commands was to make optimal use of multiple transport
level connections that were bound together.  Typically this would be
multiple modem links between a remote client and a server.  MPX commands
would have no real benefit over a single-path connection oriented transport.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org