[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha7-1567-g3fa6943

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Tue May 12 20:30:13 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de>wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:08:47PM -0400, Derrell Lipman wrote:
> > It looks like previously, extra_data could already contain some data
> which
> > was then realloc'ed to add more space, whereas now you always overwrite
> > extra_data each time. Is that correct? Is this potentially losing
> previously
> > initialized data that needs to stick around?
>
> If you look at the routines, you will see that the REALLOC
> is actually an alloc. This realloc was the first time that
> chunk was touched after the initial NULL assignment.

Yup, that looks right. From the commit message's diff I couldn't tell that
it didn't loop and reuse the extra_data parameter in the call to realloc,
but it doesn't seem to. There appears to be no reason why it was a realloc
in the first place.

Derrell