Introduction: Kamen Mazdrashki

Kamen Mazdrashki kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
Tue May 12 13:57:44 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 15:58, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 15:10 +0300, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I just wanted to introduce myself /better late than never, right :-)
> /.
> > My name is Kamen Mazdrashki and I have joined PostPath/Cisco team to
> work on Samba 4.
> >
> > I hope I will be of help for this great project.
>
> I look forward to working with you!
>
> What are you particularly interested in getting your teeth into?
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi Andrew,

At present my primary goal is understand what MS AD is and how it is implemented (or to be implemented) in Samba 4.
My final goal is to help the team in implementing MS DRS protocol.

Currently I am trying to make my way in the Samba's source base and how to easily debug/trace what is happening under the hood :).
As you may guess, AD implementation is what I am interested in.
And while I am on the "debug" subject - I find it not very easy to debug how LDAP request are handled. It would be nice if there are more functions like "dom_sid_string" to show contents of structures in human-readable way. So I am to implement a few such helpers for "ldb_request"/"ldb_reply" structures (may such functionality is implemented somewhere, but I can't find the place).

BR,
Kamen Mazdrashki