[RFC] Reduce SPAM posts by making samba-technical members-only to post

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 12 13:50:30 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 07:19 -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We run the samba list like this.  I know everyone is getting
> tired on the SPAM posts polluting their INBOX and the list
> archives.  I'd like to set the list to hold all non-member posts
> for moderation.  Comments?

I used to really favour having it open, particularly as the closed
mailing list often was a sign of a closed development community (and
made cross-posting, say with OpenLDAP, more difficult).

But things are getting worse on the SPAM front, despite the magnificent
efforts of our spam-detection software, and I reluctantly agree.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.