Consistent ID mapping

Tue May 12 07:07:39 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 08:58:13AM +0200, miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com wrote:
> Well the TDB files are not on the GPFS filesystem. Besides
> ID mapping, is this mandatory to put this on the GPFS
> filesystem?

That's the point of ctdb: You do not *want* the tdb files on
GPFS. Any clustered file system is several orders of
magnitude too slow for the specific load Samba puts on its
internal databases. That's why we developed ctdb.

> I have been looking at the idmap_rid but afaik that's only
> valid in a single AD domain configuration. (I have
> multiple...)

No, it isn't. At least in 3.2 and beyond the RID backend can
easily work with more than one domain.

Volker