Consistent ID mapping

Mon May 11 20:13:36 GMT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:30:11PM +0200, miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com wrote:
> I have a question on how to keep ID mapping consistent.(my
> Samba backend is a GPFS filesystem).

You're certainly using samba+ctdb? Everything else will lead
to data corruption sooner or later.

> My main concern now is that the SID to UID/GID mapping
> should be consistent over the cluster nodes in order to
> keep ACLs consistent.  Any pointers on how can I achieve
> that?

Different possibilities. With idmap_tdb2 and ctdb you will
put the idmap.tdb into a persistent tdb file which is
consistent across the cluster. Alternatively you can use
idmap_rid or idmap_ad (assuming you have SFU) which
automatically keep the ID mappings consistent.

Volker