Unable to join a domain with windows 7 beta1

Diego Remolina diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Fri May 8 11:32:34 GMT 2009

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> <http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2009-May/148058.html>

The registry keys on that link still are of no help (at least to me). I
get the exact same error message as before when trying to join a Windows
7 RC machine (64 bit) to a samba 3.3.4 server:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2009-May/064473.html

 From the Netsetup.log it looks as if the Windows 7 machine was not
seeing the registry key for Domain Compatibility mode (I added the
registry entries and rebooted the machine prior to trying the domain join):

05/03/2009 09:37:55:833 NetpLoadParameters: DomainCompatibilityMode
not found, defaulting to '0' 0x2

Is it possible the Registry keys must be in a different location on a 64
bit machine?

Diego