[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha7-1463-g512879a

Fri May 8 08:08:48 GMT 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 09:48:33AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Your following commit has the same problem.
> >
> > > +	subreq = cli_smb_send(state, ev, cli, SMBsetattrE, additional_flags,
> > > +			      7, vwv, 0, NULL);
> >
> > In general all non scalar input parameters to a _send() function need to
> > be arround until the _recv function is called.
>
> Thanks, that wasn't clear from the API. I'll review and fix
> that code asap.

There was no time in my little tutorial, but I found this
general rule to be very helpful:

All callers of an async function have to make sure that the
resources an async engine needs are around and not touched
until after the _recv function is called.

Volker