[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha7-1429-ge46a88c

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Mon May 4 16:08:18 GMT 2009

Hey metze,

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
>>  	if (ent->vuid == vuid) {
>>  		ent->vuid = UID_FIELD_INVALID;
>> -		/* Ensure we're not freeing an active pointer. */
>> +		/*
>> +		 * We need to keep conn->server_info around
>> +		 * if it's equal to ent->server_info as a SMBulogoff
>> +		 * is often followed by a SMBtdis (with an invalid
>> +		 * vuid). The debug code (or regular code in
>
> Do you have a capture of this for me?
>
> I wonder we should create a anonymous server_info for the SMBTdis,
> if it uses an invalid vuid?
>
> A torture test for this would also be very useful.

For what's it's worth, I can verify the behavior that Jeremy
is describing.  I see it all the time from Windows XP SP3 clients.
The client does not seem to mind if you just return an error.
But maybe there is some corner case I haven't seen where that
response causes some issues.

cheers, jerry
http://git.plainjoe.org/                                         CODE