Development policy decision: Branches

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon May 4 14:23:18 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:53:29PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> * Every bug that is to be patched in a closed branch needs to be associated
> with a bug report in bugzilla.
> * The developer of the patch needs to convince at least one other developer
> that the bug is critical enough to be included in a closed branch.
> * The RM applies the patch from bugzilla only if the patch has been signed off
> by two developers.

as a few questions came up:
It's fine to track the bug and the patch(es) down in bugzilla and
re-assign the bug to me when I should pick the patch(es). There is no need
to send the patch(es) to samba-technical as well.
But it is mandatory to open a bug report and to get the opinion of at
least one other developer.

Thanks,
Karolin

--