samba4 alpha7 with openldap backend provision problem

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Mon May 4 06:14:20 GMT 2009

The deref is a openldap overlay used by samba4.
If I remember correctly this overlay is part of the latest version of
openldap - so please make sure to use the latest build.

There are number of overlay used by samba 4 which need to be configure in
the modules.conf file. If u compiled the openldap not as a static build,
then u should make sure you have included all the overlay required, and add
the required modules.conf.

Please run openldap with debug mode on ( add -d-1 to the run line).
And see whats wrong.

Hope this one helps

Sassy