Bugs 5799 and 6316 (Samba and AFS)

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Sun May 3 06:44:59 GMT 2009

Hi Samba developers,

I've submitted a patch to fix bug #5799 to bugzilla the patch is
non-intrusive and has no effect if none of the afs related configure
options are enabled. I've used it (the patched version with
fake-kaserver and vfs-afsacl) in production without side effects for
more than two months.
Please apply it to future releases int the 3.2 branch.

As a related note I've changed the aforementioned patch to work with the
3.3 branch as well (reported bug #6316) unfortunately due to a bugzilla
error I couldn't submit the patch yet. It is attached. I havn't tested
it as well as the previous one, but the difference between them is just
related to the changes introduced in the connection_struct structure.
Please apply it to the 3.3 branch.

Currently checking the attached patch against samba-3.4.0pre1.

Cheers

Geza