thread pool helpers

Sat May 2 11:42:50 GMT 2009

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 09:28:52PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> The kernel setreuid call changes just the one thread, glibc doesn't
> want that, so it uses signals between the threads on each call to
> setreuid().

Functionally this should not hurt us then, because in the
first run we would only do the fd-based calls in helper
threads. And with a clone-based implementation we could even
do the path-based calls in helper threads, with a helper
pool per session setup?

Remains the question of the memory barriers :-)

Volker