Challenges in merging the charcnv code

Thu Mar 26 21:26:50 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 08:18:01AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > To be honest, I'm too busy with other stuff to got through
> > and put in the talloc_tos(). And I would have to understand
> > all the push_string_fn macros which is quite intricate to
> > me.
>
> That leaves me rather confused:  Do you want this code merged or not? Do
> you want me to do it?

As I said: The patches look good. But I would really have to
take a lot of time to review it, this is just too central,
and I would have to really learn about all the push_string
macro magic. I stumbled over the very first patch of yours
where you split up a function for two different use cases.

I might be too slow due to my age, but just from looking at
the patch I could not quickly enough figure out what those
two use cases are. So I would have to dive in an figure out
what this is. Maybe I will do that over the weekend when no
customers want me to do stuff, but I can't promise anything.

Volker