Any work on a common 'make test'?

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Mar 25 06:21:40 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 03:55:48 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
Hi Andrew,

> Has there been any work done to create a common 'make test'?   Surely we
> don't need two different test infrastructure systems in master?

IIRC Metze has been working on "make selftest", which should run the s4
testsuite. I've just tried and it doesn't seem to work right now, though.

> From the perspective of a Samba4 developer, I really miss 'make testenv'
> and 'make gdbtest' in particular when trying to debug Samba3 (or are
> they just hiding somewhere?)

This should be accessible somehow, and I seem to remember Metze told me some
days ago. I'm afraid I can't remember how it worked off the top of my head,
all I currently seem to remember is patterns in RNA.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin