Proposal: libsmbclient API

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 22 22:16:27 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 09:33 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> There's a long way to go yet though, we need to make
> talloc thread-safe as well, and all the underlying
> socket and other functions we use (some of the lp_XXX
> calls for example).
>
> Nice start though but lots more to do :-).

How does talloc_tos() work with threads?

Normal talloc would seem fine (as long as NULL tracking is disabled),
provided the talloc hierarchy follows down from the context variable,
but I'm rather at a loss as to how talloc_tos() is expected to behave.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.