Request for suggestions for a Google Summer of code grant.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Mar 22 16:07:10 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 03:12:55PM +0100, Ramón García wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to apply this year for a Summer of Code grant. I have read the
> list of suggestions in http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SoC/Ideas. I am
> looking for difficult challenges. I have experience with open source
> code, including hacking the Linux kernel and Wine. My preference is
> for low level programming.
>
> So, if you what to help me having hard torture this summer, what
> project would be your choice?

How about helping me make libsmbclient thread-safe ? :-). We need
to do this in such a way that we perturb the code as little as
possible for the non-threaded uses (e.g. just linking in pthreads
primitives won't work). More like the way openssl implements
threading.

Sound low-level and hard enough for you ? :-).

Jeremy.