Samba mailing list questions regarding Group Policy

Nick Pappin npappin at devnada.com
Fri Mar 20 18:52:47 GMT 2009

Can someone clarify Samba's abilities/limitations in regards to running
Samba as a PDC with Windows XP user/machine policies (Group Policy/NT
Policy... whatever kind is possible).

A couple specifics that would be helpful to touch on:

   - Can I apply different settings to certain groups of users/computers? If
   so will they still receive the all encompassing settings that apply to all
   users/computers?
   - What kinds of settings can I change? am I limited to NT4 .POL templates
   that I can find on the net? Can I modify any/all registry keys under
   HKLocalMachine and/or HKCurrentUser?  Or can I use adm type files that I see
   people talking about?

Thanks

P.S.
    Any good howto links would be much appreciated!