some questions about Re-implement smbclient in python gsoc project

allen forever.clp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 14:36:04 GMT 2009

Dear samba developers!

  I am very interested in the Re-implement smbclient in python project which

applied to gsoc 2009 and want to apply as a student. I have some questions

about this project wana ask.

  1). this project requires Python and C skills, is this project only convert

the C code to pure Python code? or need write some additional C code?

  2). I am a freshman with samba4, and I check out the source code via Git,

but I am not quiet sure where is the code for smbclient of samba4, is it in

the source4/client directory, or somewhere else? did I miss something?

  Thanks!

Best Regards!

                                                         Allen
                                                        3rd March