Change Users Password From Command Line

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:53:53 GMT 2009

Thank you and all the Samba Group to provide this pkg! :-)

I Just love it, and I'm always amazed by the knowledge you have!

Thanks for the help, I really mean it!

However, I still fighting with the issue I have.
I will try to rephrase my question:

When changing user password using the NET utility - I get no error and
password do seems to be changed. However when trying to connect to the
server share (\\server\netlogon) from my Windows XP machine (NOT PART OF THE
DOMAIN - IT IS IN A  WORKGROUP MODE) I'm asking to provide user name and
password. So while providing the user name and password I have just changed,
the user and password window just repeating itself over and over again.
In the samba4 log file (running in debug mode) I see this error : Failed to
decrypt PA-DATA -- (enctype arcfour-hmac-md5) error Decrypt integrity check
failed.

While this user and password window is still open in my XP machine  - I
change the user password using the kpasswd to the same password as in the
NET utility and now user can access.

If the passwd db is the same for the all system (LDAP,LDB etc..) then I'm
not sure the NET utility really doing something.
It is worth mention that the same debug messages appears when using the net
utility and the ADUC tool (which working great).

I also want to add that I'm quite sure that I used the same password in both
cases!

Where am I'm going wrong? can u point me out for more test?

Where the password DB is located?

10x again

Have a nice weekend

Sassy