pdc server problem

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Thu Mar 19 16:48:18 GMT 2009

Alas, you sen this to the developer list, rather than
samba at lists.samba.org: this list
is mostly about bugs (;-))

Yes, 150-client configurations are not unusual, just make sure you have the
same network bandwidth and speed for the new servers as you dis with XP,
and try it out with a small group first.

I have an old article at
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/networking/news/sambapr_keep.html
called Retiring Accidental Windows Servers with Virtual Samba, that
might help.

--dave

Reha Özenç wrote:
> Hello all of you,
> TPM" How so?
> İ'm writing from Turkey, i'm sorry form y english, i hope i can tell you my
> problem.
>
> In my company we don't want to use xp anymore , we need to configure pdc
> server urgently, bu i can't find samba pdc configuration details.
>
> Clients will go on to use xp, but dhcp server will be samba ( if i can J )
>
> Did anyone try this with the 150 xp clients?
>
> Which way do you suggest me?

(416) 223-8968