net password set -UAdministrator Bbbbbb

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:01:02 GMT 2009

Dear Group

I trying to change user password using the net utility and having problem
with this.
I running Samba4 Alpha 5 version and when shipping the command:

"net password set -UAdministrator Bob" I getting to following:

Linux:~# net password set -UAdministrator Bob
Enter new password for account [DC\Bob]:
Password for [DC\Administrator]:
net_password_set: SetUserInfo2 level 26 for [Bob] failed:
NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_RESTRICTION
return code = -1
Linux:~#
I have manage to change the user password from the ADUC (Active Directory
Users and Computer) but from the command line, I'm still getting error.

My Setup is using OpenLDAP as the back end server.

I also try to change The Default Domain Group Policy Password Policy to have
no complex password management , but once I restart the server the Policy is
back to the defaults.

No matter what I do - I can only have  complex passwrod, and only manage to
change password using the ADUC.

I google it but couldn't find a good solution

Anyone?

Thanks
Sassy