Setting 'nTSecurityDescriptor' via LDAP fails

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 19 00:36:11 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 16:39 +0200, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> Hi Simo,
> I happened to look at the ldb.h for another reason just 5 minutes ago,
> and there is a comment that the ldb_val.data is always null
> terminated, so it is correct to add a null character at the end when
> creating a value, and there shouldn't be a problem.
>
> This particular bug is already fixed, Zahari included the path to our
> public repo from where the patch can be merged in his mail. We cannot
> send it as git mail patch as we cannot use unix mail clients.

This is a bit of a problem.  We do have a policy that patches should
come as a mail to the list.  That way, we have an independent archive of
the submission (git repos can go away, and we may be asked to audit this
at some time in the future).

Can you please find a way to use a real mail client, and include the
patch to the list.

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.